Turkey Tail mushrooms are found growing abundantly on hardwood all over the world, making it one of the common medicinal mushrooms used by people for over a millenia. It was given its common name due to its stark resemblance to a spread turkey’s tail, but it also comes in many other colours such as blue or green. Because Turkey Tail mushrooms are so tough, the best way to consume them is in a tincture extract or within a tea.
- Liquid Culture
- Extracted Mushrooms
My Fungi Recipe – Turkey Tail Tea
– 6g dried Turkey Tail mushroom broken into small pieces
– 5c water
– Honey to taste
1. Bring water to boil in a medium pot
2. Reduce heat and add mushroom pieces. Allow mushrooms to steep for at least 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, strain, and set aside to cool a little.
4. Add honey to taste. Enjoy!