Shiitake - 3790 Lentinula edodes
My Fungi Recipe – Shiitake Mushroom Risotto
– 160g sliced Shiitake mushrooms
– 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp butter
– 1 c Arborio rice
– 1 tbsp chopped garlic
– 2 c vegetable stock
– ½ c white wine
– ½ c heavy cream
– ¼ c grated parmesan cheese
– Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
1. In a deep pan or dutch oven, add olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced Shiitake mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until softener and fragrant.
3. Add Arborio rice and saute in butter and oil for 3-4 minutes.
**IMPORTANT – Be sure to keep stirring throughout.
4. Add ½ c of vegetable stock and let the rice cook over medium heat until all the stock has been absorbed.
5. Add the remaining stock and let the rice cook- keep stirring.
6. Add the wine and allow it to absorb and evaporate.
7. Add cream, salt pepper, and cooked Shiitake mushrooms and increase heat to medium-high. Mix well until everything is incorporated and all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat.
8. Add parmesan cheese and mix well. ENJOY!
- Liquid Culture