- Liquid Culture
My Fungi Recipe – Mushroom Bacon
– 225g Pink Oyster Mushrooms
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp soya sauce
– ½ tsp maple syrup
– ½ tsp smoked paprika
– 2 drops liquid smoke (optional)
1. After harvesting your cluster of pink oyster mushrooms, slice off the bottom stem of each cluster, which separates them into individual mushrooms.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soya sauce, maple syrup, smoked paprika and liquid smoke.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick or cast-iron skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute for 3 to 5 minutes until the edges of the mushrooms start to crisp up.
4. Gently brush the mushrooms on both sides with the sauce and allow them to cook for 2 to 3 more minutes until brown and crispy throughout.
5. Remove from heat and ENJOY!!