- Liquid Culture
My Fungi Recipe – King Oyster Scallops
– 450g King Oyster mushrooms
– 4 tbsp butter
– 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
– 4 cloves grated garlic
– ¼ tsp sweet paprika
– ¼ c fresh chopped parsley
– Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
– Lemon wedges for serving
1. Preheat non stick pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Coat with a thin layer of olive oil.
2. Cut King Oyster stems into 1 inch rounds.
3. Brush mushroom scallops with olive oil and lightly season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Be sure to coat evenly.
4. Add the mushroom scallops to the hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Then flip the mushroom scallops and brown on the other side.
5. Remove mushroom scallops from the skillet.
6. In the same skillet, melt butter and add garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
7. Add fresh parsley and the juice from 2 lemon wedges.
8. Toss mushroom scallops in the butter sauce until completely coated.