- Liquid Culture
My Fungi Recipe – Elm Oyster Mushroom Stroganoff
– 225g uncooked bowtie pasta (any type will work)
– 350g Elm Oyster mushrooms
– 4 cloves minced garlic
– 2 (very) finely minced shallots
– 1 ½ tbsp butter
– 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
– 1 c vegetable broth
– 1 tsp Dijon mustard
– ¾ tsp smoked paprika
– 4 tbsp sour cream
– Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
– Parsley for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook bowtie pasta al dente. Set aside ¼ of pasta water, then strain and set aside the pasta.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, mustard, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Add vegetable broth and which until smooth and no lumps remain. Set aside
2. In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, add onions and cook for 5 min until completely softened.
3. Add Elm oyster mushrooms and cook for 7-8 minutes until mushrooms are slightly brown and all water has evaporated. Remove mushrooms and allow fond to form at the base of the skillet.
4. Pour your broth/flour mixture into the pan and deglaze. Add your mushrooms and cook until the sauce thickens. Stir in sour cream.
5. Stir in cooked pasta and pasta water until completely incorporated.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve. ENJOY!