- Liquid Culture
My Fungi Recipe – Chestnut Mushroom Bourguignon
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 small onion cut into chunks
– 3 cloves minced garlic
– 10 baby carrots cut in half lengthwise
– 350g Chestnut mushrooms cut in quarters
– 1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
– 200ml red wine
– 150ml beef stock
– 1 tbsp tomato paste
– Fresh parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large dutch oven over high heat.
2. Add onions and brown sides, then add garlic and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in carrots and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle and stir in the flour, then add red wine and bring to a boil.
5. Stir in beef stock and tomato puree.
6. Reduce to medium heat and simmer until the sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve over steamed rice and garnish with fresh parsley. ENJOY!