BLACK PEARL KING OYSTER
The Black Pearl King Oyster mushroom is a hybrid oyster mushroom from Japan that is a result of breeding a European Oyster mushroom with an Asian Oyster mushroom. In its early phase of life, it looks very much like the traditional dense King Oyster mushroom, but as it matures it fans out and stretches similarly to the Elm Oyster mushroom. It is a very resilient mushroom and is commonly cultivated indoors by professionals and hobbyists alike.
- Liquid Culture
My Fungi Recipe – Brown Butter Black Pearl Oyster Mushrooms
– 150g Black Pearl Oyster mushrooms, sliced lengthwise ¼ inch thick
– 3 tbsp butter
– 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan
– ½ tsp fresh oregano
– Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
1. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter and allow it to brown until there is a slight nutty smell.
2. Increase heat to medium-high and place the mushrooms face down in a single layer.
3. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly crisped. Flip your mushrooms and repeat this step.
4. Remove from heat and top with grated parmesan and fresh oregano.